01 January, 2011

Life

The FBI calls him the greatest bank burglar in American history. I just call him Dad.

According to the FBI, my father, Amil Dinsio, has committed hundreds of bank burglaries throughout the United States, beginning in the 1960's. The most popular of those bank burglaries was in 1972 at the United California Bank in Laguna Niguel, California. The burglary has achieved quite a bit of notoriety and is the subject of several books and television documentaries. The feds say the burglary netted 30 million dollars. My father says they're "full of shit" and it was one of his worst scores ever.

For as long as I can remember, people have been telling me I should write about him and my experiences as his daughter. So many people find it fascinating, but it's so hard for me to understand that anyone would find this interesting; it's just life to me.

So, at forty-two years old, I'm finally writing about my seventy-four year old thieving, sociopathic, loving father. I know "loving" doesn't seem to fit in with "thieving" and "sociopathic", but that's one of the reasons I started this blog. I want people to know about the REAL Amil Dinsio. Yes, he is a sociopath and a bank burglar; and yes, he is a loving, gentle, compassionate human being. The two concepts can, and do, exist in the same man.

In this blog, I intend to tell both sides of the character of the man who gave me life. I intend to write about our home life, his crimes, and the unique experience of being the daughter of one of America's most notorious burglars.

16 comments:

  1. I am happy you are doing this, for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you just tackle things head on. It's one of the things I admire the most about you and I've come to expect nothing less. Well done, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, I am proud of you. This, for certain, is not an easy thing to do. May God give you strength to relive the past, and continue writing that which you and Amy lived through.
    I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how and where to post this, as it is not clear, from the home page, where comments may be posted.
    Love you,
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and I have to say this: "Hurry up and write some more!" You are an excellent writer and your story has me hooked! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fascinated with you. Also? Extremely proud as I can't even imagine how hard this is/will be to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read all your posts from top to bottom. You had a sadly amazing childhood. Keep writing, I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when the money comes in call me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad is not an ordinary cruel brutal criminal, I HATE the types like Larry Philips and Emil Mataseranue who killed and armed guard and shot it out in the North Hollywood Shootout in 97..... No You dad is a criminal but at least he is a non violent adventure seeker oriented criminal who probably got addicted to the thrill of seeking if he can pull it off, it may have gave him a sense of accomplishment ? .....To bad he did not use the brass ones and sharp mind for a higher purpose ? Thanks for witting this blog, I hope it help YOU .... PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much truth is there that your dad did Lenny Strollo a favor and was the triggerman on the Joey Naples murder? Your father was an excellent marksman and according to retired FBI agents, Strollo submitted an affadavit that your father pulled the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your farther is a good man. Iwas with your dad up in attica over 7 years.I finally mad it home years after I last seen him back in 2006 then I was transfer to auburn.your farther is very well respected in the prison system.I went home on 11-2-2012 for armed bank robberys.I miss your dad.I always went by nickname leprechaun.I know he was transfered to wendy where your other great man passed away your uncle james.call us what we r at least we never turned out to be lawyers.my email is lepnjess@gmail.com if u want to contact me.sincerly Gary Bohanan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I portrayed your Dad in "Megaheist" , which appeared on ID Channel. Find me on Facebook, if you'd like to see photos of the shoot. I am very happy to find you on here. Bless you. - Ron Isbell

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and they were after Richard Nixon's ILLEGAL campaign funds...so who was the real criminal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. a man ov my own heart would love to meet u 1 day an swop storys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is he still alive? How about his brother. I remember when he came into our tax office to file his tax return. He listed his occupation as a driver.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey ask him if hes related to pat sherkurt and the gulletts

    ReplyDelete